Tuesday, December 1, 2009

SH3 Inks


Alrighty, folks! So here's a personal project I'm working on. It's (my personal character) Pepper playing the role of Heather from the game Silent Hill 3. Anatomy (and oh gosh, that goofy looking hood) is a little off and in my opinion and though I was going for perspective..the fully automatic 18 glock looks a little small/short to me. Perhaps if the flashlight wasn't so big..but it's supposed to be one of those standard industrial bulky types. At any rate, I'm having a blast drawing this. Not quite sure what characters from the game I want to put in the background. REALLY looking forward to coloring this traditionally.

Doing a bit of referencing online to get the clothing right brought up a question in my mind: Why is it that each of the female playable characters wear miniskirts? How does that make sense? At least with Tomb Raider's Lara Croft, she was in the jungle so one could assume it'd be muggy and humid to the point that if you're going to be running around shooting things one would choose lighter attire. But in the town of SILENT HILL?! REALLY?! You're going to fight hellish disfigured beings who want to maim you..wearing THAT? Not to mention there's the chance that you might run into good ol' Pyramid Head who already has issues keeping his hands to himself. Do you really want to provoke him further with a short skirt? *shakes her head slowly*

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! Glad to finally get to see a scanned copy of it. Looks amazing dear. Keep up the wonderful work. Inking is nothing short of epic. <3

    ReplyDelete